There are many reasons to drill for water; be it the rising cost of a mains water, remote distance from a mains water supply, or an unreliable and contaminated shallow well. Whatever the reason, WB+AD Morgan have the capacity and resources to service the requirement and create a domestic borehole for your own private water supply.
- No water abstraction licence is needed for users abstracting under 20m3 a day—that’s 20 tonnes of water!
- Freedom from drought orders
- Natural untreated water, with no added chemicals—most bottled water brands come from boreholes
- Water is fed under pressure to your taps
- WB+AD Morgan provide a complete one-stop solution including pump, controls, and filtration
- Extension service to assist with maintenance of the borehole
Before any drilling commences WB+AD Morgan commission an independent borehole prognosis (hydrogeological survey). This prognosis is an essential requirement that provides an indication of the underlying hydrogeology – detailing the nature of the ground to be drilled, the likely depth at which water will be found and an indication of water quality. Whilst the prognosis is not a guarantee of success it will highlight risk at an early stage, minimising the chances of failure.
Following a successful prognosis a written quotation including a full schedule of the work that we will undertake will be sent to you so you know precisely what you are commissioning. Once agreed, on-site work commences. Drilling the borehole involves careful engineering and minimal disturbance; when the hole is drilled and completed a submersible pump is installed in the borehole and the water is pumped and tested. Once the water is approved for purity, the borehole can be utilised.